We hope you enjoy this article. Keep in mind, it was written mainly for people with acne, but there are many tips that absolutely apply to other skin conditions like wrinkles, puffiness, discoloration, and much more… These suggestions can truly transform your skin into the soft, smooth, clear complexion you’ve always wanted.
1) APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND FACIAL MASKS. Once in a while, instead of using soap, moisturizer and/or toner, mix about 2-3 cups of distilled water with a 1/2 cup of raw, organic, unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar. You can buy this at any health store and it is very cheap. Apple Cider Vinegar is extremely anti-bacterial, alkalizing and soothing to the skin. You could also use our mud mask: If you use clays, make sure they are pure and mix them with Apple Cider Vinegar instead of water. This is a very deep cleanse and nourishing to the skin. Also, consider taking saunas, steam baths, or at home- very hot baths with the door closed and the heat turned on very hot. Throw some mineral salts or seaweed into the water. You will sweat out a lot of toxins and feel great. Afterward, cool off with a shower, and splash on some watered down Apple Cider Vinegar. You will look and feel fantastic.
2) EXFOLIATE DEAD SKIN CELLS. Use a small, soft loofah sponge to exfoliate all the dead skin cells and dirt which clog pores. Washing with just your hands may not be enough, because you will not scrub away some of the dirt and dead skin cells that can clog your pores. Scrub very softly with warm water and your face soap.
3) RAW GARLIC- NATURE’S MOST POTENT HERB. Here’s one you probably haven’t heard before, so keep an open mind. Get ready for garlic. Only the real thing will work for you – not pills. This means, organic and raw. Put at least 3 cloves in a blender with juice and drink it down. It will make the drink a little spicy, that’s all. Here’s what it will do for you and your skin. Garlic is the best, most effective broad spectrum antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-fungal herb known. It kills all the bad guys without harming any of the good guys. In fact, in laboratory tests, it has been diluted to 1 part in 125,000 and still killed bacteria. So, yes, it’s great if you get sick or have a virus of any kind. It’s great for your heart and blood- whole books have been written about it, but remember, it must be raw. Your skin will have a real tough time breaking out if you have some raw garlic in your system. Just brush your teeth, drink some mouthwash, and drink up.
4) DRINK LOTS OF CLEAN WATER. Distilled is the purest water available. Drinking water throughout the day will keep your body effectively flushing toxins through your kidneys instead of your skin. Remember, your body is about 70% water and if your cells get dehydrated, they will not be able to function well. You must have an abundance of water to perform every task the body requires which of course includes repairing damaged cells which will help your skin heal and keep it healthy.
5) DO NOT OVER-WASH YOUR FACE. This is the hardest thing in the world to do if you’re broken out. But, if you’re skin is very dry then your body will over-produce oils to replenish your overly-dried skin thereby causing acne. This becomes a vicious cycle whereby you have to wash your face to keep it clean, but washing too much can actually cause you to break out! It is very important to promote the natural balance of your skin by not washing more than twice a day and also using moisturizers and toners that don’t clog pores.
6) YOUR SKIN IS BEGGING FOR NUTRIENTS. Make sure you are getting all the nutrients your skin needs to stay healthy. It is vitally important you are eating and drinking NATURAL NUTRIENTS all day long. This includes eating lots of dark leafy greens (they’re great steamed with lemon), veggies, fruits, beans, and nuts. You will see a dramatic change in the color, texture, and tone of your skin very quickly.
7) CLEAN OUT OLD WASTE. Once you start eating better and giving your body what it is begging for on a daily basis, you will start to feel and look much better. It is also vitally important, however, that you also clean yourself out so all of the toxins stuck in your body go out through your colon instead of your skin. Begin by doing Quick Colon Formula #1 and, if possible, Quick Colon Formula #2. This will get you going to the bathroom 2-3 times a day and clean out your colon as well. If you don’t use these formulas, USE SOMETHING with as much quality, safety, and value. Eat a lot more fiber as this will keep your colon clean and greatly increase your body’s ability to eliminate toxins. This doesn’t just mean a bran muffin in the morning or “whole wheat” bread. Sorry, that just won’t cut it. You need to eat a lot more whole grains (wild rice, brown rice, millet, quinoa), fresh fruits (blueberries, dates, figs, etc…), fresh raw vegetables chewed well, beans (not re-fried or with lard), and nuts (raw, unsalted).
8) GET A GOOD SHOWER FILTER (about $25). Filters will take out the chlorine, fluoride, copper, pathogens, viruses, dirt, and other horrible pollutants. Studies show that a ten-minute shower is the equivalent to drinking 8 glasses of tap water! Remember, you’re trying to clean your skin and hair. The last thing you want to do is add in more toxins that will age your skin, dry your hair, and make you break out. Use warm water when washing your face and cool water to soap off.
9) CUT OUT THE SUGAR. Some Researchers call acne “Diabetes of the skin,” meaning your body has great difficulty digesting sugar. Cut way down on sugar for a week or two and see if there’s any effect. This includes soft drinks and every other food that contains a high quantity of sugar.
10) CUT OUT THE JUNK. You’re going to hate this one, but you should also attempt to cut way down on all of the toxins you consume everyday in the form of processed foods, caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, cheese, chocolate, cream, eggs, fried foods, hydrogenated oils, margarine, fish, meat, poultry, and butter. This may seem totally extreme and I’m not suggesting you never have any of these things again, but I am saying all of these foods are laced with antibiotics, poisons, chemicals, insecticides, herbicides, toxins etc…. Eat with awareness and sensitivity so that you know what your body and skin react to the worst.
11) GET AN ALOE VERA PLANT. (about $5) or second best: pure, organic Aloe Vera gel. If you have any scars or red marks, break off a small piece, break open the leaf and apply it everyday. Guys, when done shaving, rub the gel on your neck and tender spots or cuts. Ladies, same goes for your legs. Aloe Vera has been used for thousands of years and has been called a “miracle plant” for its healing properties. Watch razor burn diminish and cuts heal quickly without any scarring. Scars will literally fade and disappear. I believe that a growing plant is much more powerful than a bottled gel, simply because it’s alive and therefore will have more potent properties.
12) USE ALL-NATURAL SKIN-CARE PRODUCTS. Use skin-care products that don’t create free radicals and attack your body with more toxins. Use products that will nourish, protect, and clean your skin with nutrients without causing irritation, dryness, acne, or any of the other serious problems associated with almost all commercial skin-care products.
13) USE A GREAT TONER. Instead of always washing your face, use a delicate toner that will clean your face and protect it from the elements. This is such a fantastic way to keep your skin protected and clean without stripping valuable oils from your face which can dry you out and actually product more acne. So, get started on an organic all natural toner and watch your skin start to glow. Here’s what we recommend (it really works wonders!) Gypsy Rose Tea Toner
14) WASH YOUR PILLOWCASE (S) AND TOWELS FREQUENTLY. There is a tremendous build up of dirt and oils from your hair and skin. Anything that touches your face should be clean and fresh.
15) STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE. This may seem painfully obvious, but if you become aware of how much you touch your face during the day with dirty hands, you will be surprised. You will find acne developing wherever you scratch, rest your hands or play with your face. Watch carefully during the day.