- Herbal detoxification products may be helpful in cleansing the body of heavy metals, chemicals and other harmful poisons. We suggest using formulas that use organic, whole herbs. If interested, take a look at the Liver and Gallbladder Formula, Liver Rescue, Quick Colon Formula #1, and Quick Colon Formula #2.
- In the morning, drink the liver flush; 8 oz. Apple juice (or dilute with water), 3-6 cloves of raw organic garlic, and 1-2 inches of raw organic ginger root- mix well in blender. This drink will help flush the liver of toxins. Also, raw garlic kills Hepatitis on contact. Appl Environ Microbiol, 62(11) November 1996, p.4238-4242.
- Eat a high fiber diet including plenty of fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Also, see foods that heal. These foods will scrub arterial plaque off the walls of your arteries and reintroduce a healthy blood flow to the genitals.
- Investigate the possibility of heavy metal intoxication, this can be done through hair analysis.
- The following "live" (just squeezed) juices are healthful; beet, carrot, celery, currant, cranberry, citrus fruits, parsley, spinach and watermelon. These easily absorbable juices have highly concentrated nutrients that are essential for healthy blood vessels.
- Eat 3-6 cloves a day of raw garlic, as it has been repeatedly shown to lower cholesterol. There are simply too many studies on this subject, but we will reference a few here; all of these studies confirm garlic's ability to significantly lower serum total cholesterol levels and the accumulation of plaque (one study exhibited this effect within 5-14 hours). Parmacotherapy, 13(4), July-August 1993, p. 406-407 AND American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 34(10), October 1981, p. 2100-2103 AND Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, 37(3), July 1991, p. 128-131 AND American Journal of Medicine, 94(6), June 1993, p. 632-635
Beneficial herbs include Sarsaparilla which contains a testosterone-type substance for men, Damiana is good for improving blood flow to the genital area, Dong Quai, Gotu Kola, Hydrangea Root, Pygeum, Saw Palmetto, and Syberian Ginseng (use only organic herbs).
We also suggest a high quality whole food supplement, like VITAFORCE™ that is complete and made from whole foods to help correct nutritional deficiencies.
Things to Avoid:
- All Animal Foods: dairy foods (milk, cheese, butter, cream, ice cream), fish, meat, chicken, turkey, eggs, fried and greasy foods, margarine, and all other processed foods and animal derived products from your diet. These foods are laced with chemicals, pesticides, and toxins as well as high levels of saturated fats which have a very damaging a draining effect on the body.
- Salt, tobacco, caffeine, sodas, coffee, sugar, and refined white flour (breads, pastas, cereals- replace with whole wheat pastas, breads, and cereals). These products are extraordinarily destructive to the body.
- Avoid stress.
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)
2) F.G. McMahon & R. Vargas, "Can Garlic Lower Blood Pressure? A Pilot Study," Parmacotherapy, 13(4), July-August 1993, p. 406-407
3) A. Bordia, "Effect of Garlic on Blood Lipids in Patients with Coronary Heart Disease," American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 34(10), October 1981, p. 2100-2103
4) J.V. Gadkari & V.D. Josh, "Effect of Ingestion of Raw Garlic on Serum Cholesterol Level, Clotting Time and Fibrinolytic Activity in