In hemophiliacs the blood does not clot normally because one or another of the blood proteins that collaborate to repair damaged vessels and form clots is defective, deficient, or totally absent. However, the idea that people with hemophilia can bleed to death from a minor cut or injury, is a misconception. They may bleed somewhat longer than other people but minor bleeding episodes can generally be controlled by ordinary first aid measures. But, injuries also commonly cause bleeding on the inside of the body and this can be serious or even life threatening for a hemophiliac.
Hemophilia can be mild, moderate, or severe depending on how impaired an individual’s production of clotting factors is. People with hemophilia are commonly treated with plasma concentrates prepared from pooled blood plasma, as a result, as many of two-thirds of all Americans with hemophilia became infected with HIV before the virus was identified. This is still a risk today.
- Vitamin K, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B complex are all essential for normal blood coagulation, formation, and clotting. We suggest a high quality whole food supplement, like VITAFORCE™ that is complete and made from whole foods.
- Juicing is also very important for Hemophilia because it is likened to a blood transfusion. Carrots, beet greens and beets juiced together have all the necessary nutrient components to increase hemoglobin and red blood cell count. Also juice dark green, leafy vegetables (i.e. kale, spinach, parsley, dandelion greens, etc.).
Things to Avoid:
- All Animal Foods: dairy foods (milk, cheese, butter, cream, ice cream), fish, meat, chicken, turkey, eggs, fried and greasy foods, margarine, and all other processed foods and animal derived products from your diet. These foods are laced with chemicals, pesticides, and toxins as well as high levels of saturated fats which have a very damaging a draining effect on the body.
- Salt, tobacco, caffeine, sodas, coffee, sugar, and refined white flour (breads, pastas, cereals- replace with whole wheat pastas, breads, and cereals). These products are extraordinarily destructive to the body.
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)