- We suggest a high quality whole food supplement, like VITAFORCE™ that is complete, made from whole foods and may help with proper digestion and alkalizing the blood.
- Eat as many raw, fresh fruits and vegetables as possible as these are alkaline forming foods and have rich concentrations of calcium and other important vitamins and minerals. Alkaline forming foods include: avocado, corn, dates, fresh coconut, most fresh fruits, most fresh vegetables, raisins, soy products and kelp. Read: foods that heal.
- Digestive enzymes may also be helpful in properly digesting food and helping to alleviate acidosis. For more info, please see Digestion Enhancement Enzymes.
Things to Avoid:
- All Animal Foods: dairy foods (milk, cheese, butter, cream, ice cream), fish, meat, chicken, turkey, eggs, fried and greasy foods, margarine, and all other processed foods and animal derived products from your diet. These foods are laced with chemicals, pesticides, and toxins as well as high levels of saturated fats which have a very damaging a draining effect on the body.
- Salt, tobacco, caffeine, sodas, coffee, sugar, and refined white flour (breads, pastas, cereals- replace with whole wheat pastas, breads, and cereals). These products are extraordinarily destructive to the body.
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)
2) S. Margen, "Studies in Calcium Metabolism, the Calciuretic Effect of Dietary Protein," American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 27(1974): 584
3) W. Rose, "The Amino Acid Requirement of Adult Man, XVI, the Role of the Nitrogen Intake," J Boil Chem 217 91955): 997