- Herbal detoxification products may be helpful in flushing gallstones out of the body. We suggest using formulas that use organic, whole herbs. If interested, take a look at the Liver and Gallbladder Formula.
- In the morning, drink the gallstone flush; 8 oz. Apple juice (or dilute with water), 3-6 cloves of raw organic garlic, 1-2 inches of raw organic ginger root, mix well in blender. This drink may help dissolve and flush gallstones.
- Eat a well balanced diet of 50% raw foods and fresh juices, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and nuts/seeds. This low saturated fat, high fiber diet is a must for healing gallbladder disorders. Flaxseed oil is needed for repair and prevention of gallstones as it contains essential fatty acids.
- Gallbladder disease may help be prevented by increased intake of natural Vitamin C. We suggest a high quality whole food supplement, like VITAFORCE™ that is complete and made from whole foods. Medical Hypotheses, 40(2), February 1993, p. 81-84
Things to Avoid:
- All Animal Foods: dairy foods (milk, cheese, butter, cream, ice cream), fish, meat, chicken, turkey, eggs, fried and greasy foods, margarine, and all other processed foods and animal derived products from your diet. These foods are laced with chemicals, pesticides, and toxins as well as high levels of saturated fats which which cause gallstones and inflammation
- Salt, tobacco, caffeine, sodas, coffee, sugar, and refined white flour (breads, pastas, cereals- replace with whole wheat pastas, breads, and cereals). These products are extraordinarily destructive to the body.
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)
2) J.A. Simon, "Ascorbic Acid and Cholesterol Gallstones," Medical Hypotheses, 40(2), February 1993, p. 81-84