- Vitamin C reduces the length and symptoms of a cold by an average of 23%. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Disease, 26(1), 1994 p. 1-6. We suggest a high quality whole food supplement, like VITAFORCE™ that is complete and made from whole foods.
- Stop eating- starve the cold by consuming only fresh juices, distilled water, and the miracle vegetable broth (notice that children and animals do not eat when sick).. Allow your body to divert all its energy to fighting the infection. This will also create a more healthy internal environment, making it impossible for the infection/virus to survive. What Hippocrates (father of modern medicine) actually said was "If you feed a cold, you will have to starve a fever," meaning if you eat while you have a cold, it will probably get worse.
- Eat three to six cloves of raw garlic a day- an incredibly potent natural antibacterial agent. It kills infections and viruses on contact. Appl Environ Microbiol, 62(11) November 1996, p.4238-4242.
- Take hot baths while consuming 3-6 cups of peppermint tea. Your temperature increase will further aid your body in oxidizing and burning up the infection. This is why you get a temperature (don't suppress it, unless it is dangerously high).
- Get plenty of rest and ideally at least a little fresh air everyday.
Things to Avoid:
- All Food- The best way to stop a cold is to starve it and allow the body to attack and kill the virus.
- Avoid stress. Stress depressed the immune system and allows a virus to thrive. Boosting the immune system is the most important step to killing the virus and getting better.
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)
2) 2) R. Naganawa, et al., "Inhibition of Micrbial Growth by Ajoene, a Sulfur-containing Compund Derived from Garlic," Appl Environ Microbiol, 62(11) November 1996, p.4238-4242.
3) H. Hemilia, "Does Vitamin C Alleviate the Symptoms of the Common Cold? - A Review of Current Evidence," Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Disease, 26(1), 1994 p. 1-6