- Raw, organic garlic inhibits and destroys Candida Albicans. Two separate studies showed that that garlic inhibited the growth of candida albicans in vitro. Appl Environ Microbiol, 53(3), march 1987, p. 615-617. AND Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 30(3), September 1986, p.499-501
- Eat plenty of raw vegetables and gluten-free grains such as brown rice and millet. See foods that heal.
- Drink distilled water only.
- To prevent re-infection, replace your toothbrush every 30 days and wear white cotton underwear as synthetic fibers lead to increased perspiration which creates a hospitable environment for Candida.
- Herbal colon formulas may be helpful in cleansing the intestinal tract which can help eliminate a yeast infection. If interested, take a look at Quick Colon Formula # 1 and Quick Colon Formula #2.
- If you have chronic and/or unusually persistent Candida infections, consult your healthcare provider.
Things to Avoid:
- Avoid foods that destroy, including aged cheeses, alcohol, baked goods, chocolate, dried fruits, ham, pickles, soy sauce, raw mushrooms, and nut butters.
- Eliminate citrus and acidic fruits such as orange, grapefruit, lemon, tomato and limes from your diet for one month.
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)
2) S. yoshida, et al., "Antifungal Activity of Ajoene Derived from Garlic," Appl Environ Microbiol, 53(3), march 1987, p. 615-617.
3) M. Adetumbi, et al., "Allium Satvium (garlic) Inhibits Lipid Synthesis by Candida Albicans," Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 30(3), September 1986, p.499-501