» Health Products

        » Colon Detox

        » Liver / Gallbladder Detox

        » Kidney / Bladder Detox

        » Anti Parasite Detox

        » Bloodstream Detox

   » Super Foods

   » Detox Formulas

        » Colon Cleanse

        » Liver / Gall Bladder

        » Kidney Bladder

        » Anti Parasite

        » Bloodstream

        » Heavy Metal Detox

        » Hollywood Detox Body Wrap

        » Detox Foot Patch

   » 7 Day Detox Plans

        » Weight Loss Detox

        » Colon Cleanse

        » Liver Gallbladder Cleanse

        » Kidney Bladder Cleanse

   » Healing Formulas

        » Hormones / Emotional

        » Female Formulas

        » Joints / Bones

        » Mental Clarity

        » Sinus / Lung

        » Thyroid

   » Face Care

        » Moisturizers

        » Face Wash

        » Toners

        » Acne

        » Dry Skin

        » Mature Skin

        » Men's Skin Care

   » Body Lotion

        » Organic Body Lotions

        » Organic Body Butters

        » Organic Body Oils

        » Specialty Body Gels

   » Hair Care

   » Bath Robes


     Characterized by recurring seizures which are caused by electrical disturbances in the nerve cells in a section of the brain. Epilepsy is the most common cause of seizures; it strikes one out of every hundred people in the U.S. In 75% of the cases, the seizures begin in childhood and are characterized by staring spells and a few seconds of mental absence. In the remaining 25% of cases, seizures start later in life.


·  B-Complex vitamins, especially B1 (Thiamine) are extremely important in the functioning of the central nervous system. B-complex vitamins also improve circulation and are vital for normal brain function.  Epilepsy Research, 16(2), October 1993, p. 157-163 And, Vitamin E produced a significant (10 out of 12) reduction in seizures of epileptic children. In another study, 17 epileptics were given Vitamin E. All patients experienced a benefit with a reduction in frequency of seizures. In 4 patients, generalized seizures were completely stopped. Epilepsia 30(1), January-February 1989, p. 84-89 AND Zh Nevropatol Psikhiatr 84(6), 1984, p. 892-897.  We suggest a high quality whole food supplement, like VITAFORCE™ that is complete and made from whole foods.

· Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (see foods that heal). These foods are full of nutrients that feed nutrient-deficient cells which leads to complications.

· Get regular, moderate exercise to improve circulation to the brain.

· Eat 100% organic foods, avoiding pesticides, insecticides, and other harmful chemicals/poisons that are detrimental to the central nervous system.

Things to Avoid:

· Eliminate fatty, low-fiber foods: dairy foods, fish, meat, chicken, turkey, yeast products, alcohol, caffeine, soda, eggs, fried and greasy foods, margarine, tobacco, white flour, and all other processed foods and animal derived products from your diet. These foods are laced with chemicals, pesticides, and toxins that play havoc with the body. Your body must be clean and able to function at its most efficient level to be able to reduce the frequency and severity of seizures. For example, according to research done by Arizona State University’s Bio-Chemical Department, the artificial sweetener aspartame (NutraSweet) has been associated with seizures in some people.

· As much as possible, avoid stress and tension.

· Avoid using aluminum cookware as high levels of aluminum have been found in the brains of people with epilepsy.


1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)

2) M.I. Botez, et al. "Thiamine and Folate Treatment of Chronic Epileptic Patients: A Controlled Study with the Weschler IQ Scale," Epilepsy Research, 16(2), October 1993, p. 157-163

3) A.O Ogunmekan and P.A. Hwang, "A Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled, Clinical Trial of D-aplha-tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), as Add-on-Therapy, for Epilepsy in Children," Epilepsia 30(1), January-February 1989, p. 84-89

4) V.M. Kovalenko, et al., [Alpha-tocopherol in the Complex Treatment of Several Forms of Epilepsy], Zh Nevropatol Psikhiatr 84(6), 1984, p. 892-897

Customer Favorites:Super Foods | Herbal Detox | Herbal Healing | Face Care | Body Care

Customer Service: Contact Us| Terms of Use| Privacy Policy | My Account

Quick Links:Membership Rewards | Smart Guides | View Cart | Affiliates | OHB Blog | Site Map

Resources: Health Library| Beauty Library | Ailments

The information contained on this site is educational and general in nature and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by medical professional. The products and statements on our site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Please read all product packaging carefully and consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise, supplementation or medication program.