Herbal colon formulas may be helpful in cleansing the intestinal tract, reducing inflammation and keeping the colon healthy. If interested, take a look at Quick Colon Formula # 1 and Quick Colon Formula #2.
Organic Aloe Vera Juice is beneficial because it softens stools and has a healing effect on the digestive tract; drink a half a cup three times daily.
- Flax Seed Oil contains omega 3 essential fatty acids which are necessary for the repair of the digestive tract.
- Drink plenty of distilled water and fresh juices.
- Eat a diet consisting mainly of fresh fruits and vegetables, such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, celery, garlic, kale, spinach and turnips. High fiber diets have been reported to be of definite benefit for those with bowel disorders. J. McDougall, M.D, "The McDougall Plan," (1983): pp49-50
Things to Avoid:
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)
2) S. Imes et al., "Vitamin C Status in 137 Outpatients with Crohn's Disease: Effect of Diet Counseling," Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, 8(4), August 1986, p. 443-446
3) D. Burkitt, "Some Diseases Characteristic of Modern Western Civilization," Br Med J 1 (1973):274
4) J. McDougall, M.D, "The McDougall Plan," (1983): pp49-50