- Vitamin C and Zinc supplementation for 6 weeks resulted in either total suppression of the eruptions, a local tingling sensation, but no eruptions, or local swelling which receded in 24 hours, or one eruption that was not repeated. We suggest a high quality whole food supplement, like VITAFORCE™ that is complete and made from whole foods. Medical Journal Aust, 1, 1979 p. 399
- Eat 3-6 cloves a day of raw garlic, the strongest anti-viral food known; it kills Herpes Simplex I on contact. Appl Environ Microbiol, 62(11) November 1996, p.4238-4242.
- L-Lysine has led to significant reductions and even prevented recurrence of cold sores, canker sores, and genital herpes. VITAFORCE™ is an extremely rich all natural food source of L-Lysine. Journal of Antimicrob Chemother, 12(5), November 1983, p. 489-496
- Peppermint has been shown to inhibit and kill the Herpes Simplex virus. The Scientific Validation of Herbal Medicine,
, Keats Publishing, 1986, p.73 New Canaan, CT
- Eat a diet consisting mainly of fresh vegetables, fruits, brown rice, raw seeds and nuts, and whole grains. This creates a healthy internal environment where the virus cannot survive.
- Drink only distilled water, fresh sugar-free juices and herbal teas.
Things to Avoid:
- Highly processed, fried and junk foods. These foods create an ideal internal environment for cold sores to thrive.
- Stress... Find healthy ways to relieve chronic tension and stress.
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)
2) R. Naganawa, et al., "Inhibition of Micrbial Growth by Ajoene, a Sulfur-containing Compund Derived from Garlic," Appl Environ Microbiol, 62(11) November 1996, p.4238-4242.
3) D.E. Walsh et al., "Subjective Response to Lysine in the Therapy of Herpes Simplex," Journal of Antimicrob Chemother, 12(5), November 1983, p. 489-496
4) J. Fitzbert, "Genital Herpes and Zinc," Medical Journal Aust, 1, 1979 p. 399
5) D.B Mowrey, The Scientific Validation of Herbal Medicine, New Canaan, CT, Keats Publishing, 1986, p.73