Bladder infections are characterized by an urgent desire to empty the bladder. Urination is frequent and painful; even after the bladder has been emptied, there may be a desire to urinate again.
- Herbal detoxofication products for the kidneys and bladder may be helpful for people with bladder infections. If interested, we suggest using organic whole herb formulas. Take a look at the Kidney Bladder Formula and Hot Cayenne Extract to learn more.
- Pure, unsweetened cranberry juice produces hippuric acid in the urine (acidifies and inhibits bacterial growth), drink up to one quart per day. In one study, cranberry juice was found to be an effective inhibitor of E. Coli bacterial of 75% or more in over 60% of the clinical isolates. ( Journal of Urology, 131(5), May 1984, p.1013-1016) In another study, it was found that drinking 4-6 ounces of cranberry juice for 7 weeks prevented urinary tract infections in 19 of 28 nursing home patients. ( The Journal of Naturopathic Medicine, 2(1), 1991, p.45-47
- Drink a minimum of eight glasses of distilled water per day as this is extremely beneficial for urinary tract infections.
- Eat three to six cloves of raw garlic a day- an incredibly potent natural antibiotic.
All foods that destroy including, alcohol, caffeine, soda, chocolate, and refined or processed foods. These foods have an over-all depressing effect on the immune system and provide the ideal environment for invading infection.
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)
2) A.E. Sobota, "Inhibition of Bacterial Adherence by Cranberry Juice: Potential use for the treatment of Urinary Tract Infections," Journal of Urology, 131(5), May 1984, p.1013-1016
3) (L. Gobson, et al., "Effectiveness of Cranberry Juice in Preventing Urinary Tract Infections in Long Term Facility Patients," The Journal of Naturopathic Medicine, 2(1), 1991, p.45-47